MJMHA appreciates the dedication of our members and the people who volunteer for the sake of our children. As a membership, it is our responsibility to work together to provide a safe and fun environment for all youth and volunteers to be a part of. This Agreement is intended to highlight a parents/guardians role with their son's, daughter's, and volunteers hockey experience
- I will not force my child to participate in hockey.
- I will remember that my child plays hockey for his or her enjoyment, not mine.
- I will encourage my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflict without resorting to hostility or violence.
- I will teach my child that doing one's best is as important as winning so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of the game.
- I will make my child feel like a winner, by offering praise for competing fairly and hard.
- I will not ridicule or yell in a derogatory fashion at any player on either team, at game officials, team officials, or any parent.
- I will remember that children learn by example. I will applaud good plays by both my child's team and their opponents.
- I will not question the game official's judgment or honesty in public or in front of my child.
- I will remember that officials are developing their skills similar to the players they are officiating.
- I will support MJMHA efforts to remove bullying, verbal, and physical abuse from hockey games.
- I will help my child to understand and abide by the Players' Code of Conduct and Social Media Policy.
- I will respect and show appreciation for the efforts of coaching staff and team officials who volunteer their time for hockey for my child.
- I will act responsibly towards hockey facilities and with those involved in the game - players, coaches, officials, spectators, and facilities staff.
- I will have my child at the rink according to the coach's specified times for practices and games
- I will abide by my team's communications rules between coaches and parents (i.e. through the parent liaison).
- I will observe a 24-hour waiting period before contacting coaches, team, or league officials after any incident.
- I will be responsible for my guests at my child's hockey games, encouraging them to respect and abide by these same rules.
I understand that Moose Jaw Minor Hockey will apply restrictions of privilege if I do not adhere to the Parental/Guardian Conduct Agreement, Moose Jaw Minor Hockey Rules & Regulations, SHA, and Hockey Canada Rules. These restrictions may include spectator privileges to player suspension based on the frequency and severity of incidents.