MJMHA appreciates the dedication of our members and the people who volunteer for the sake of our children. As a membership, it is our responsibility to work together to provide a safe and fun environment for all youth and volunteers to be a part of. This Agreement is intended to help coaches understand their expectation of conduct within Moose Jaw Minor Hockey
- I understand that I am at all times a representative of Moose Jaw Minor Hockey
- I understand that I have an obligation to abide by the policies of MJMHA and that failure to do so could result in a loss of coaching privileges.
- I will make sure that players understand and abide by the Player's Code of Conduct.
- I will be reasonable in my demands on the player's time and enthusiasm.
- I will remember that players have other interests and being able to pursue those interests as well as hockey will help them maintain their enthusiasm.
- I will teach my players that the rules of the game are mutual agreements which no one should evade or break. Without them, there would be no game
- I will not ridicule a player for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- I will develop team respect for the ability of the opponents as well as for the judgment of officials and opposing coaches.
- I will not allow an injured player back onto the ice without a physicians' written consent.
- I will remember that players need a coach they can respect and look up to and will set a good example.
- I will make a personal commitment to keep myself informed on sound coaching principles and the principles of growth and development in children, by attending all the clinics and functions that the MJMHA requires.
- I will treat all players with respect and expect that respect in return.
I understand that MJMHA will apply restrictions of privilege if I do not adhere to the Coache Code of Conduct, MJMHA Rules and Regulations, SHA, and Hockey Canada Rules. These restrictions may include coaching privileges being suspended based on the frequency and severity of incidents.